Lazada Banner

10 August 2010

Two Cakes Made History



Last Friday was a very special day for me. I closed the 27th page of my life and flipped the blank 28th page. While I was cleaning our little apartment and removing dusts from our furniture and appliances, I felt afraid to face the new challenges this year will bring.

In this life, every circumstance tests the strong inner being of a person. No one is exempted. Ask both the beggar on the street and the wealthiest man on earth. No one is ever exempted. We face different trials in life but we also enjoy the good things life brings. Even during joyous days, pain is inevitable. Realizing this, I started to look back to what my life was.

I started my career selling inspirational books; having a heart to encourage others while I needed it much myself. Then, I climbed up the ladder of corporate leadership as division head. It was a very promising role and everybody respected me. I felt good in helping other people in their lives so I spent another year in building my team, making sales and training people. Till, I found that I needed to grow in my field and my environment was too small for my personal goals. I resigned with nowhere to go. In 9 months, I found myself in 3 different companies.

I have learned a lot with all those job search. I just didn't make any additional horn to blow in my resume.I learned that opportunities come in different forms. Sometimes, it entails pains, regrets and disappointment. Those people I met during my employment with companies became part of my growth as a person and as a professional. During each time I wonder why it happened to me, I just smile when I get to remember the people I laughed with, cry with, chat with, hang out with, eat with and work with.

I have absolutely no idea where I will go this year. But, what I am excited about is who are the people I am going to meet and work with. And throughout my journey, I know there are people who will stay with me- my lovely wife and my family.

This year is remarkable. I received a round mouth-watery chocolate cake from my affiliate company and a heart-shaped blueberry cheesecake from my wife. Well, it only taught me that when things go wild and unpredictable, I can double my joy.

I have a long list of wishes in the birthday. I already mailed it to the heavens. The scripture says that we should ask of Him what we want so our joy will be complete.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. To become a person of influence for His fame is top of my wish list.

1 comment:

  1. lol.... All I can say is that ate Chona has a seriously wonderful husband

    I pray n hope that my bf would also realize the things you have just said. Such a great inspiration for me to start my day Kuya!

    ReplyDelete