Lazada Banner

16 June 2012

Start Something to a More Exciting Life

We are capable of thinking new ideas. The only challenge is how to turn the idea to reality. Unless we act on it, nothing will happen.

My friend, Yeng Remulla is an inspiration to many. His bestselling title “Productive Pinoy” hit it’s 3rd printing already- with less trade promotion and less marketing effort. His idea of uplifting the Filipino pride became contagious. Thus, START SOMETHING event at Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street last June 8, 2012 was a success.



I am grateful for the opportunity to share the stage with the notable author, the owner of the mouth-watery food blog that has 30,000 followers- Rochelle Chua and the Gospel Yoyo Man- Cornel Bongco.

I talked about how I shifted careers to have a more exciting life. Dear friends, here’s what I shared:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. Thank you for that overwhelming introduction.
For the next few minutes, I’m going to disturb your simple life and inspire you to make it more exciting.

I started my career as a marketing agent of a publishing company that is why I am used to this kind of event. My primary job was to meet the sales quota for each quarter. I was not informed that my role will include dusting-off the books and arranging them on the shelves of bookstores. Those experiences paved way for me to discover where I would be happy- meeting new people and organizing events. In 2007, I was able to successfully organize the book launch of “Young Women on the Journey” where Nikki Gil was one of the contributors.

As a rising star, I felt that there’s much more in store for me. I thought, I already knew the difference between a nail and a screw. So I resigned from my publishing work and wandered in desert, looking for potential employers. I applied in different industries just to check if I would be fitted in the work. Of course there were struggles. After 9 months, I landed in an Outdoor Advertising company and stayed there for 3 years.

How can you marry risk with your passion? In that company, my job is secured. I can stay there whenever I want. Then, in the course of building a project, I discovered many things about online marketing, social media and blogging. So I started to blog. I started to read business books because I dream that someday I will have my own company. I found a mentor who patiently trained me to become a CEO someday. Slowly, I was developing myself to become an entrepreneur. But I still have my 8-5 job. I can’t do what I would love to do. My boss will get angry if I will tell him, “Sir, I’m sorry. I won’t do what you told me because I’m busy doing what I love to do.” I waited patiently until an opportunity came for me to become a business associate. I embraced the risk of leaving my secured job and bank on my passion to learn more things

Now, I’m working with extraordinary brilliant people who are passionate about how to make brands more exciting online. Everyday, I wake up early in the morning with excitement. I have more time to learn, explore and meet new people. It’s nice to know that all of us are given unique opportunities to start something. We just need a room for preparation and proper flight towards our dream. What stops you in pursuing your dreams? What hinders you to have a more exciting life?

I will end my segment with this quote from my blog. Be the ACHIEVER. If you want to start something, create something. Take the first step and see where your dreams can bring you.
THANK YOU.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think. You have the chance to start something. Grab a paper and pen and write that great idea now. Then, act. Let’s start something!

You can order PRODUCTIVE PINOY here- http://www.productivepinoy.com/ .Or, just visit the bookstore near you and grab your copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment