Lazada Banner

23 November 2011

The 360 Degree Leader

Leadership must be holistic. It involves our inside and out. Much more, we must learn to lead the people above us, at peer leader level and below us. That's what 360 Degree leader means.

Just a review. Leadership is influence- nothing more, nothing less, says Dr. John Maxwell. Let's slice out what I got from this module.


Leading the people below you is a common thing. There are materials also that talks about leading your boss. Anthony Pangilinan, our excellent facilitator, stressed that the most difficult people to influence are your colleagues, co-managers, those who are in the same level as you. I definitely agree with this. Imagine, you all are in the same level. Not one above nor below. Just the same. How can you make them follow your footsteps, or somehow, agree with your opinions?



Here are The Principles 360-Degree Leaders Practice to Lead Across

Principle #1 Understand, Practice, and Complete the Leadership Loop

Principle #2 Put Completing Fellow Leaders Ahead of Competing with Them

Principle #3 Be a Friend

Principle #4 Avoid Office Politics

Principle #5 Expand Your Circle of Acquaintances

Principle #6 Let the Best Idea Win

Principle #7 Don't Pretend You're Perfect

In short, WIN your peers at all costs. Win their heart, mind and approval. Become their source of inspiration, encouragement and compliment.

This presentation I got from Slideshare will help you. (Though it was intended for a specific organization, just pick the principles presented.)

I highly recommend this module to anybody who wants to influence the people around you. After I attended this program, I was refreshed and reminded of my role in the organizations I belong to. I am there to solve problems, not to make one. What separates the leaders from the rest is their courage to stand in the middle of a crisis. Just think of our national heroes, great US Presidents, sports champions and global industry leaders- they stood up while others' knees shook.


With this man beside me, I feel like I am a better leader now.

Know more about this program, inquire here http://www.inspireleaders.com.ph/programs/the-three-sixty-leader/.

Happy leading!

No comments:

Post a Comment